This Cluster covers a wide range of policy areas such as gender equality, public resource use, human development, social protection, and environmental sustainability. One of the persistent areas in which many African countries continue to struggle is maternal mortality. While some countries (Angola, Liberia and Rwanda) have seen rapid declines in maternal mortality between 2005 and 2010, other countries (Cameroon and Chad) have stagnated at high levels.
Please click an indicator to see it mapped in the data visualizer
- CPIA gender equality rating (1=low to 6=high)
- CPIA equity of public resource use rating (1=low to 6=high)
- CPIA building human resources rating (1=low to 6=high)
- CPIA social protection and labor rating (1=low to 6=high)
- CPIA policy and institutions for environmental sustainability rating (1=low to 6=high)
- CPIA policies for social inclusion/equity cluster average (1=low to 6=high)