Social Inclusion and equity cluster (Cluster C) covers wide range of policy areas such as gender equality, equity of public resource use, human development, social protection, and environmental sustainability are covered under this cluster. The regional score for cluster C was 3.2 in 2016, continuing the flat trend observed since 2010. The human development component assesses the quality of national policies and public and private sector delivery in health and education. The gender equality component assesses the extent to which a country has enacted and put in place institutions and programs to enforce laws and policies that promote equal access for men and women to human capital development and productive and economic resources, and which give men and women equal status and protection under the law. The human development CPIA score for Sub-Saharan Africa increased in 2016 to a score of 3.6, from 3.5 in 2015, continuing the upward trend that has been evident since 2010.
Please click an indicator to see it mapped in the data visualizer
- CPIA gender equality rating (1=low to 6=high)
- CPIA equity of public resource use rating (1=low to 6=high)
- CPIA building human resources rating (1=low to 6=high)
- CPIA social protection rating (1=low to 6=high)
- CPIA policy and institutions for environmental sustainability rating (1=low to 6=high)
- CPIA policies for social inclusion/equity cluster average (1=low to 6=high)