This Cluster covers governance and public sector capacity. The governance challenge in Africa is particularly acute and the region faces a number of governance and institutional issues that have undoubtedly constrained development outcomes. Overall, the average score for cluster D is low at 3.0, with the weakest performance in the components of transparency, accountability and corruption in public sector and property rights and rule-based government, both with an average score of 2.8. At 3.4, efficiency of revenue mobilization is the best performing component in this cluster.
Please click an indicator to see it mapped in the data visualizer
- CPIA property rights and rule-based governance rating (1=low to 6=high)
- CPIA equity of public resource use rating (1=low to 6=high)
- CPIA building human resources rating (1=low to 6=high)
- CPIA social protection and labor rating (1=low to 6=high)
- CPIA policy and institutions for environmental sustainability rating (1=low to 6=high)
- CPIA policies for social inclusion/equity cluster average (1=low to 6=high)