World Bank Tools for Analysis
eAtlas of Gender
The World Bank eAtlas of Gender allows users to map and graph dozens of gender indicators, in over 200 economies, over time and across countries and to see how a country fares on several dimensions of well-being and empowerment.
With this eAtlas, you can:
- Map more than 80 World Bank indicators worldwide
- Compare and view two maps simultaneously
- Animate maps to show change over time
- View all data in ranking tables and charts alongside maps
- Export maps and data for use in presentations and more
- Import your own data
ADePT Gender produces tables with gender as the first level of analysis, showing characteristics of individuals' and households' poverty, education, employment, and use of services. Gender inequalities are an important source of multidimensional poverty, and the ADePT Gender module facilitates a better understanding of the gender dimensions of poverty.
Little Data Book on Gender
This handy pocket guide is a quick reference for users interested in gender statistics. The book presents gender-disaggregated data for more than 200 economies in an easy country-by-country reference on demography, education, health, labor force, political participation and the Millennium Development Goals.
wbopendata Stata module
Stata is a widely-used statistical computing package. The wbopendata module allows users to easily download up-to-date development data from the World Bank databases though the Stata interface.
The wbopendata module lets you:
- Access 1,000 new indicators, bringing the total up from 4,200 to 5,300 time series.
- Access the metadata of the downloaded series: including indicator definitions, the organization and/or agency responsible for its collection, and links to available supporting information.
- Easily link the indicators downloaded to maps from within Stata.
- Access data in three Stata-supported languages: English, Spanish or French
The wbopendata module connects you to information from over 256 countries and regions since 1960. The accessible databases include: